Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gift #44- Bible Study Girls and Polynesian Sauce



So I was having one of those Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day mornings.  One of those mornings when nothing seems to go my way.  I usually go to the post office to check my mail in the late afternoons after I pick up the kids from school.  But today, I decided to go a little earlier.  I had ordered a few new books and I thought that might help cheer me up a little bit.  Well, what I got in the mail was way better than new books!!!  It was a package from my girlfriend Nancy-  one of my sweet Bible study sisters from Fallon.  The package contained a magazine about Japan, some delicious Fallon Trail mix, a picture of My Bible Study sisters and, if that were not enough....  Polynesian sauce from Chick-fil-A!!!!  Instantly the sun came bursting forth!  :0)  I climbed into the Monster Van and had a good cry, but not because I was having a bad day anymore, but because of this precious, thoughtful, and well-timed gift.  My very first job was at Chick-fil-A in Panama City.  I learned that the chicken sandwiches are marinated in pickle juice!  So just last week, the boys and I marinated some chicken and fried it up!  Jack said, "These would be even better with Polynesian Sauce!"  And now we have it!  When Jack gets home from school, he is going to come undone!!!  (He shares my excitement for the little things- especially "food little things.")

So I just made it sound as though it were the Polynesian sauce that I was most thankful for!!  :0)  That is certainly not the case!  During our time in Fallon, I had the pleasure of being a part of a Bible study with some of the most amazing and wonderful women I will ever know.  We met together each Monday and studied the Bible and laughed and cried and ATE and ATE!  :0)  My time spent together in their company truly defined my experience in Fallon, NV.   No matter the distance, we will forever be Bible Study Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing