Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gift #55- A Full Suitcase

Hank does A LOT of traveling.  He does not love to pack so he waits until the very last minute to throw his suitcase together.  Hank, even more so, does not love to UNPACK.  So after he arrives home from a trip, his suitcase can sit in the floor FULL for weeks.  He unzips it and takes out what he needs each day.  This has been a running joke between he and I for years now.  We have a stand-off to see who is going to unpack the suitcase.  He returned home from Guam a week ago today and his suitcase sits open in our bedroom floor.  Each day he has come home from work and asked "have you unpacked my suitcase yet?"  I just give him the look.  (Ladies, you know the look of which I speak.)  Every now and then I break down and unpack for him.  Not because I do not have the willpower to stick out our stand-off-  I SO do.  But because I know how busy he truly is and how much he really does not enjoy unpacking a suitcase.  Hank is always gracious and says thank you.  He might do a celebratory fist pump in his mind, but he doesn't let on.   I am not sure what I will do with this particular suitcase.  After he reads this post, I am not quite sure what he will do either.  This might be the stand off to end all stand offs.  :0)  Regardless, I will count his full suitcase on my floor as a blessing.  It means that he is HOME where he belongs.

When Hank and I saw this suitcase episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, we came undone laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpCr_IkZ7-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing