Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Gift #101- Joy is Coming!


This is Joy.  We have known each other for as long as I can remember.  We sat next to each other in Sunday school and sang off-key together  in church Christmas pageants.  We were together during the culottes, big hair, and acid-washed jeans years.  We worked at Chick-fila-A together as teenagers and danced around in our bell-bottomed uniform pants and black high-top Reeboks.  I loved Joy through her clogging days and her Cher obsession.  And she loved me though my home-perms and whale-trainer aspirations.   Although we never followed through, we spent many a day dreaming of travel and big adventure and saving our pennies in jars labeled "Bahama Cruise" or "Trip to Graceland".  
(It was a simpler time.)  ;0)

Thanks to my sweet hubby, Joy and I will finally have the chance to live out an adventure-  She is coming to Japan!  Hank surprised me with this wonderful gift for my birthday!  I just love that man!  Joy arrives on October 5th and we have a whole week to visit, explore, relax and just be!  I can hardly wait!  Maybe I can convince her to give me a home perm while she is here.  :0)
Japan or Bust!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing