Monday, November 05, 2012

Gift #166- Emoticons and iMessage


My Brother Ted, my sister Beth, and I texted for almost 2 hours on Saturday.  Beth has always had such a wonderful sense of humor and Ted was blessed with  quick wit and great comedic timing.  We started texting about some fun memories of mom and it turned into a making fun of Ted session, then we started making fun of each other.  Beth found some hilarious emoticons on her iPad that were so very fitting and well-timed.  I was actually out on a walk and was texting the entire time.  I was walking along literally laughing out loud.  It was such good therapy.  I love remembering mom and laughing about some of her endearing quirks.  I also love remembering the craziness that occurred at 811 Avery Street when we were growing up.  My sister, Kim, was included in the message, but she was at a party with some of our friends from church and couldn't respond.  We didn't know it at the time, but she was reading the texts and sharing them with our friends and they were laughing right along with us.  We decided that we should take our comedy on the road.  Kim suggested that I use the text conversation as my Gift for the day.  I thought that was a good idea.  Sharing happy stories and laughing along with my brothers and sisters is truly a gift.  I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing