Friday, November 30, 2012

Gift #184- Gran


Today I am thankful for the life of Sarah Grace Thomas- Hank's Gran.  My sister in law sweetly reminded me yesterday that she was my Gran too.  She certainly did treat me as one of her own and I loved her as mine.

15 Things I loved about Gran:

1.  Her Big laugh.
2.  Her story-telling (ok, so it was a little long, and sometimes a repeat, but it was one of her most endearing qualities.)
3.  That she always bought a little something for the great grands at the Christmas White Elephant Sale at the Methodist Church- usually a stuffed animal.
4.  That she was a kindergarten teacher and knew exactly how to make her great grand children feel special.  Specifically, I loved it when she would receive a drawing from them and she would say "Tell me about it".
5.  That she always had candy.
6.  That she wore soft purple pajamas and always had a "hair-do"
7.  That sometimes when she tried to whisper, it wasn't a whisper at all.
8.  That she "owned" Miracle Strip Amusement Park in the mind of her grandkids.
9.  That she had impeccable timing and delivery of the phrase "Bless Her Heart".
10.  That we shared a love of poodles.  :0)
11.  The memory of her not-so-attractive yellow couch.
12.  That she always knew just a tiny bit of town gossip and that she was always willing to share.  (Not without saying the proper "Bless her heart" either before or after.)
13.  That she hugged long.
14.  That she is in heaven with her Savior and her Mark (and my mom).
15.  That her last words to me were "don't cry baby".

We love you so much Gran.

1 comment:

  1. Paul said to let you know that we saved the not so beautiful yellow couch for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gift #628- Finishing