Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gift #205- My Jack


Today is my Jack's 12th birthday!  I just can't believe it!  The days go too quickly.  Jack you are so kind and helpful and perfect!  I love you so much and am so proud of you.  Here is a mushy little poem that I wrote to you when you were 5.  You are still "handsome and kind and helpful and smart."  You still "help fold the bath cloths" and will forever have a big heart.


I know a boy
His name is Jack
He’s Super-de-Duper
And that is a fact.

He loves playing with Legos
And riding bikes very fast
If he were in a race
He wouldn’t be last

He loves cartoons
Like Jerry and Tom
He’s super-crazy
He gets that from his mom

He loves cookie dough ice cream
And popcorn and candy
He thinks peas are gross
And pizza is dandy

A race-car driver
Is what Jack wants to be
Something much slower
Would be fine with me

He wants to play drums
I am hoping guitar
One thing’s for sure
He’s going to go far

He’s getting so tall
His feet hang over the bed
I wish I could put
A brick on his head

He’s handsome and kind
And helpful and smart
He helps fold the bath cloths
He has a big heart

Jack is so special
I just can’t wait to see
The wonderful man
That he’ll grow to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing