Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gift #261- Meals delivered to my door from very sweet friends


I think that Macy must have told her piano teacher (who is also our chaplains wife) that I had been a little tired lately and that she had to eat ramen two times last week for dinner.  She also knew that Hank was away and, I guess,  thought that I could use a little help.  She got busy and asked some ladies from the church to make a few meals.  We have had three home-cooked meals from sweet ladies in our church over the last week.  One of the ladies asked me if I had any cravings.  I told her Chick-fil-a!  So on top of the authentic Filipino meal that she made for us, she tried to recreate a Chick-fil-a Sandwich!  It was delicious.  When Rebecca (the organizer) told me that some of the church ladies would be bringing meals, my first instinct was to say "no-thank you".  But Rebecca (the organizer) wouldn't hear of it.  So instead I have just said a very sincere and heartfelt "thank you".  Such kindness is so overwhelming and is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing