Thursday, August 01, 2013

Gift #336- She Loves Me Even When I am Grumpy



Yesterday was one of those days.  2 steps forward.  3 steps back.  The kids were begging to go to the pool.  I did not want to wrestle this over-size belly into an under-sized swimsuit and get out in the 115 degree heat. I am also doing a little nesting around the house so I felt as though there were a million things to clean and fold and brush and put away and trim and water and feed and you name it.  I couldn't just leave it all behind.  I put the kids off as long as I could and then I grumpily rounded them up for the pool.  Macy sat shotgun next to me on the way there and sang her usual Taylor Swift.  When it got to the part of her favorite song that says "You are the best thing that's ever been mine", she poked me in the arm and sang the words right to me!  I had been so grumpy and bossy.  And she was telling me that I was the best thing that had ever been hers!  My heart melted a tiny bit.  I thanked her for her being so sweet and thanked God for the "grace-full" moment.  We stayed at the pool an extra hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing