Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gift #340- Book Club Baby Shower


My girlfriends showed up for book club last night at my house bearing not only their books, but a pink tiara and snacks and flowers and baby girl gifts!  A surprise baby shower!  They all arrived at the house at the exact same time and I noticed that they had gifts in hand, but it took me a second to realize what was going on!  It was when I was crowned with a hand-made pink and purple ribbon tiara that it sunk in.  The ladies had taken the time to purchase a beautiful flower arrangement for myself and even a small one for Macy.  She was so very proud.  They brought the most wonderful pink whoopee pies and strawberry layer cake and pink pretzel sticks and cookie bars and hummus.  I received some of the most precious little toys and clothes and hand made hair bows.  I felt so loved and cared for and I just didn't (and still don't) know how to say thank you for such kindness.  My heart felt so very full.  We eventually got around to book-club talk and the discussion was wonderful!  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening.

Thank you Marisa, Erika, Cindi, Michelle, Wendy, and Myia.  I am so very grateful that the "Writer" saw fit to bring you all into my story.  It is exceedingly more rich because of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing