Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gift #374- Sweet Smiles


Avery Grace started smiling several weeks ago, but these big smiles are starting to come more often and they light up her whole face.   She is really starting to "talk".  She has to try so hard to do it, but is getting better and better.  I love watching her reach these milestones.  But it also means that she is growing up.  When I was growing up, my mom had a framed poem in our house that read:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow.
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs.  Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

I never really understood the words until I had children of my own.   I am doing my very best to remind myself that the cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow.  I don't want to miss one smile or one little word.  I want to rock her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing