Thursday, December 25, 2014

Gift #491- He's Here!


Henry Joseph Thomas
December 17, 2014 3:55 pm  JST
10 pounds 2 ounces
22" long


He waited until his due date to arrive.  He wasn't in a big hurry.   I went in for my doctors appointment and my water broke!  I went up to labor and delivery where they admitted me right away.  Hank and the kids came up and brought my hospital bag.  They visited for a little bit and then went to McDonalds for lunch and home for naps.   The nurse called Hank about an hour later and told him that he should come back over to the hospital.  Henry was born within the hour.  A healthy, bouncing baby boy.  The nurses wagered on how big he was.  The highest guess was 9 lbs. 8 oz.  We were all surprised when the corpsman said 10 pounds 2 ounces!  The Dr. called  him baby moose.  We considered "Sumo" as a middle name.  :0)  We finally decided on Joseph- which means "to increase" or "an addition".  We also thought that Joseph was an appropriate name this time of year.   We were so happy to finally meet baby Henry.  We couldn't be more grateful to the Lord for yet another good and perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing