Monday, July 10, 2017

Gift #617- Old Friends

Look who I ran into at a change of command a few days ago!  Steve and Sandy Brown.  Sandy was the daughter of the pastor at the church where I grew up (Grace Baptist Church).  I loved her and her family so much.  The ministry of her family shaped my childhood and my life.  It had been almost 30 years since our paths had crossed.  Steve is a Navy Chaplain.  We had been stationed at many of the same places, but not at the same time.  Sandy had two boys first- just like me.  Her second son is Joshua- just like my Josh.  Her third and fourth are boy and girl twins- just like mine!  Her fifth was adopted from Asia- just like mine!  She has rabbits and chickens- just like me!  (Except hers don't live on her porch).  She has lived in Iwakuni and VA and South Carolina. We never imagined that at a change of command on a sticky July night in Beaufort, SC we would meet once again.  I smiled all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing