Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gift #163- Base Housing on Halloween Night

Base housing is most definitely the place to be on Halloween night!  The kids totally scored!  They had so much fun going door to door with their friends.  I stayed behind and handed out candy.  Many of the children that came to the door were Japanese.  It was super cute hearing them say "Trick or Treat".  All of the neighbors were out.   The base is so small and everyone knows everyone.  There was such a sense of community.  The kids came home and poured out their loot and counted it and sorted it and traded the things that they didn't like.  I dug into everyones' stashes and stole the Almond Joys and maybe a Snicker Bar or two.  I tried to convince Sam to let me buy his candy for 10 cents a piece.  (Sam on a sugar high is madness.  Come to think of it, Sam not on a sugar high is madness!)  He said "no thanks".  I tried to convince Jack and Josh to pack their candy in our Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.  I got an even bigger "no thanks" and some serious eye-rolling.   :0)  I knew what the answer would be before I asked, but just had to try.   It was a great night!
Another wonderful memory made in Japan!

On a side note:  The new Caramel Apple Milky Ways are Fantastic! I might have stolen one or two from the kids last night.  They hid their bags from me before they went to school this morning.  :)


                                          Rapunzel and Crash Jr.            Sam and Brandon

 Turbo the Marine Dog all tuckered out on Josh's angry bird costume.

                                      Japanese Kit Kats!                                The Loot!

Look at this sweet little Prince Charming that I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing