Monday, March 04, 2013

Gift #251- L(ing)OL


The topics of the books that I have been reading lately have been way too heavy!  I decided to take a break.  I am currently reading a book called Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn. It is a refreshingly hilarious book about motherhood.  I have been reading it at night in bed.  I am sure that Hank is a little tired of hearing the chuckles as he tries to sleep.  A few nights ago, he finally asked me what was so funny.  I read to him a section of the book about how much more fun it is to travel with  your girlfriends and your kids rather than your husbands and your kids.  I think that it hurt his feelings a little bit as he tried to defend husbands all over the world.  He said "it does not hurt my feelings because I have no feelings." I know that this is not true as he went and had lunch with Macy yesterday because her very best little friend was mad at her (for wanting to build a pyramid out of Legos instead of a box) and he could not bear the thought of Macy sitting alone at the lunch table.  Oh yes.  Hank has feelings.  But I am totally off subject.  I wanted to share one funny excerpt from the book that made me laugh out loud.  Laughing out loud is such a gift.

"there is really no better indicator you're a mother than acquiring the ability to catch throw-up in a plastic bag, disinfect your hands, and immediately ask your friend to pass the beef jerky as you put on another Taylor Swift song and act as if nothing has happened.  It is a unique skill set."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing