Sunday, May 12, 2013

Gift #294- Being Called Mom

It was a happy Mother's Day here in Iwakuni.  Blessed beyond measure is how I felt as the six of us walked to the chapel together.



Macy and Sam gave me poem books that they made at school.  Sam said that I was as pretty as his sister!  And as sweet as Turbo!  :0)

Both Sam and Macy said that I like to be lazy.  That kind of stung a little.  But hey, I do like to be lazy. Macy redeemed herself on the next page of the book when she said that her mom was as pretty as an angel.

Josh spent his own money on a Yankee Candle and some Victoria's Secret Lotion.  Hank said that he did this without any prompting.  I think that meant more to me than the gifts themselves.

Jack chose the most beautiful heart shaped ring!  I can't tell you how proud I was to slip it on and wear it to church.  The gifts were so nice, but it was the thoughtfulness that meant so much.   I am so thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to be the mom of a Jack, and a Josh, and a Sam and a Macy!  I am one lucky girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing