Thursday, May 16, 2013

Gift #297- Banana Bread


I heard a knock at my door this morning at 7:40.  Just after I had sent the last of the kids off to school.  I was a little frustrated to hear it I will admit.  It was so early and the kids had just left a tornado of a mess and I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet!  I grumbled on the way to the door and opened it slowly to see the teenaged son of Jack and Josh's baseball coach.  He was bringing me a loaf of warm chocolate chip banana bread that his dad made for us!  Earlier in the week, the coach had called to see if I could sew a name on a baseball jersey.  I joked that I would do it in return for some type of homemade baked good. I never thought that he would actually make me some type of baked good!  But he did.  I smiled when the son handed me the warm bread.  It reminded me how nice it was to be thought of.  I am going to do my best to return the thoughtfulness to one or two of my neighbors in the upcoming days.

If you have a chance, click on the link below to read an article about an 82 year old Connecticut barber who gives haircuts to the homeless in exchange for hugs.  It might just inspire you to do something unexpected for someone this weekend.  Taking someone a warm loaf of chocolate chip banana bread might be a good place to start!

Full story and slideshow here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing