Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gift #316- My Sister Kim

I was lying in bed this morning and it dawned on me that I had not been posting about my family on their birthdays over the past few months.  I am not sure how I let that happen.  Aside from my salvation, family is truly the biggest blessing that the Lord has given me.  I am going to spend the next few days catching up!


I do not remember a time when Kim was not my best friend.    She knows me inside and out and still likes me!  :0)  I remember fighting over who got the shower first in the morning and who had to wash the dishes, but never a time when we weren't close.  We shared many of the same friends in high school and did not let college moves keep us apart.  When I was a starving camp counselor making $80 per week, she was a starving new teacher.  She scraped her pennies together and paid off my wedding dress as a surprise.  To this day, she is quick to send a cheerful package.  She does mock me from time to time with pictures of Shell Island and dolphin encounters, but I can take it.  Kim, your 40th birthday came on May 6th.  You said that this will be your best year yet.  I have a feeling that it will.  You are one of the biggest blessings that the Lord has given me and I don't know where I would be without you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing