Thursday, March 06, 2014

Gift #399- Capt. Reid "Eeyore" Nannen

Captain Reid "Eeyore" Nannen
United States Marine Corps  
15 October 1981-  1 March 2014

Impressions of a Pilot

Flight is Freedom in its purest form,
To dance with the clouds which follow a storm;
To roll and glide, to wheel and spin,
To feel the joy that swells within.

To leave the earth with its troubles and fly,
And know the warmth of a clear spring sky;
Then back to earth at the end of the day,
Released from the tensions which melted away.

Should my end come while I am in flight,
Whether brightest day or darkest of night;
Spare me no pity and shrug off the pain,
Secure in the knowledge that I'd do it again.

For each of us is created to die,
And within me I know,
I was born to fly.

Gary Claude Stoker
 



Reid, Sarah, Curtis, Betsy, Peter, & Baby Isla on the way
October 31, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thank you so much for posting this. Absolutely beautiful. I hope you, Hank and the kids are doing ok. Kate and I send our thoughts, prayers, and strength to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Gift #628- Finishing