Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gift #400- A Powerful God


M 6.3 Earthquake
13km N of Kunisaki-shi, Japan
53 mins ago – U.S. Geological Survey
An earthquake with magnitude 6.3 occurred near Oita, Kyushu, Japan at 17:06:51.10 UTC on Mar 13, 2014 ...

It is 3:20am on Friday morning.  I have been awake for almost an hour now.  We just had quite a little earthquake here.  No one was hurt.  It lasted for less than a minute.  It broke a few of my Willow Tree figurines and set off all of the baby's toys that are activated by movement, but no real damage done.  Maybe only to my nerves.  I tried to go back to sleep, but I just keep thinking of that verse in Matthew that says "What kind of man is this?  Even the winds and the waves obey him!"  It brings such comfort to know that we serve such a powerful God.  Even the winds and the waves obey him!

I will chalk this night up to another adventure in Japan and will give thanks for the reminder of God's awesome power and for his provision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing