Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gift #510- Sweet Henry



It has often been said, for one reason or another,  that God has a funny sense of humor.  I believe this to be a true statement.  I remember wanting a little girl so badly and getting the news that one was on the way- along with another little boy.  God was smiling that day for sure.  I think that He smiled when Henry came into the world also.  Hank and I thought that we had everything figured out.  The big kids were pretty self sufficient.  The middles stayed busy with neighborhood friends.  The two groups together helped tremendously with little Avery Grace.  And then came Henry.  He has turned our world upside down.  He likes to be awake all night and held all day.   I think that God thought that Hank and I might be getting a little too comfortable and complacent with our parenting.  So He gave us a Henry to bring us back down to earth.  We are firmly planted these days for sure.  But, if a Henry is what it took to ground us, then I have never been so grateful to be grounded.   He has been sleeping a little longer this past week.  He has started smiling and talking and has the sweetest little voice!  I think that we are starting to figure things out- but we will certainly not get overconfident.  After all, God does have a funny sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing