Sunday, August 02, 2015

Gift #525- This Face

We were sitting at a government office building waiting for Bo to arrive.  I heard some footsteps in the hall and looked anxiously at the door.  And then, there he was!  I couldn't believe it.  I wanted to run and squeeze him so tight, but I didn't want to scare him.  I stayed in my seat.  His caregiver brought him to me.  He clung to her tightly, but smiled so sweetly.  His caregiver must have told him that I was his mama, because he looked right at me and said "mama".  I got right down on the floor and squeezed him so tight.  I couldn't stop looking at him and touching his little face.  I couldn't believe that this little treasure was mine.  His Papa sent some Matchbox cars for him to play with.  He played with the cars as I completed some paperwork.  He gave his caregivers one final squeeze, and then he was mine.  As I type, I still can't believe how God blessed me on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing