Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blessing #31- Our Sweet New Ride!


The Monster Van

That is what the kids have named her.  Hank purchased this van for us a few weeks before we arrived.  He sent pictures and I was not quite sure what to think.  The kids loved it right away.  The seats inside can come out or swivel around and face each other.  They loved the pusher bar on the front and loved that it is 4-Wheel Drive.  Now that I have met the Monster Van in person, I will admit, I like her too.  There are actually quite a few of them driving around here on base.  The kids saw a newer one yesterday that had a ladder that went up the back.  They were quite envious.  Not sure why they would need to get on the roof of the van, but I am sure they had good reason.  :0)  They usually do.  The parking spaces in Japan are generally quite small, so I have had to do my fair share of 30 point turns to get her in and out of places.  I just need to practice my backing in techniques.  When I sent this picture to my dad, he said "It says that you are both passive and aggressive".  I thought that was a great description.  The Monster van seats 8 so we can throw a few extra neighbor kids in the car and go on all sorts of adventures. 

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to figure out how to make comments on your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Gift #628- Finishing