Thursday, August 02, 2012

Gift #95- Like Father Like Son




I sat down at the computer a few days ago and just happened to glance into Jack's backpack that was hanging beside me.  I noticed that, inside, he had a copy of Backpacker, Macworld, and Black and White Photography magazine.  He had taken a day trip a few days prior and had packed these magazines to read along the way.  It occurred to me that those were the exact magazines that his dad would have packed for a short day trip.  I have known for a long time that Jack and his dad are very similar creatures, but in that moment, it struck me just how much Jack wants to be like his dad.

Got to admit I've got so far to go
Make so many mistakes and I'm sure that You know
Sometimes it seems no matter how hard I try
With all the pressures in life I just can't get it all right
But I'm trying so hard to learn from the best
Being patient and kind, filled with Your tenderness
'Cause I know that he'll learn from the things that he sees
And the Jesus he finds will be the Jesus in me

Lord, I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be just like me
I want to be a holy example
For his innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord
That my little boy can read
I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be like me
(Phillips Craig and Dean)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing