Friday, September 21, 2012

Gift # 140- Fridays


I love Fridays!  They are my favorite day of the week.  The kids get up a little easier in the morning and they come home from school so excited.  They hang their backpacks, grab a snack, and they are out the door.  They play until dinner time or until it gets dark.  There are no baseball practices or swim lessons.  Just fun!  We have been trying our best to cut out sugar.  Some days are better than others.  But on Fridays, we treat ourselves to a homemade dessert.  Today we made chocolate chip zucchini bread.  I am quite sure that the 2 cups of zucchini cancel out the 2 cups of sugar.  Right?  This Friday was extra special because it was the high schools Homecoming Parade.  It is such a small little school that the parade only lasted for about 8 minutes.  But it was a parade none the less!  We will take it.  As I type, the zucchini bread is cooling, Josh is at the skate park, Macy is playing with her friend Sarah, and Jack and Sam are playing with a group of kids in the front yard.  I love Fridays.  But I have to admit, I  always smile a little when Monday rolls around.  :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing