Friday, October 05, 2012

Gift #142- Southern Accents


As we are so very far from home, every time I hear someone say y'all or speak with a hint of a twang, I find myself immediately drawn to that person.  I begin stalking them and asking them a thousand questions like "where you from" and "will you be my best friend".  Just kidding.  I am not that bad about it.  I usually wait until our second meeting before I ask them to be my best friend.  :0) 

Joy arrived last night!  Best birthday present ever!  It was so exciting to walk into an airport in Japan, scan the room, hear a familiar voice call out my name, and then see her sweet face.  She had been traveling for almost 24 hours, but we chattered on the whole way home.  Joy uses words like "y'all" and talks about her "momma" and uses "bless her little heart" in proper context.  It does my heart good!  She has only been here for one evening and I already feel a little closer to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing