Monday, October 01, 2012

Gift #148- Sunday Afternoon Naps


Aside from coffee, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I believe that a Sunday afternoon nap is one of the greatest of God's gifts. My parents enjoyed a good Sunday afternoon nap from time to time when I was a kid.  They didn't get to do it often as the five of us kept them on their toes.  I could never understand why anyone would want to nap when they could be outside playing or at the pond throwing bread crumbs to the ducks.  I SO get it now.  Dad, thanks for all of those Sundays when you forfeited your nap to take us to get a Dilly Bar or to skip rocks.  I will never forget those days and will forfeit a nap or two to do the same for my kiddos so they too can have those great memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift #628- Finishing